Sunday, February 13, 2011

Reader 1 has completed manuscript

I am humbled by the generosity of time and thought that Benjamin Chandler paid me today. 

We met at an Irish Pub, where I apparently sat myself in the Screaming-Toddler, Exhausted-Parent, Surly-Server section. But I was psyched to finally have the chance to discuss my book with someone who had finished the entire thing. 

Benjamin arrived with notes and comments. I was equal parts grateful and overwhelmed and excited. 

I don't want to divulge too much private chit chat. But I will say generally Benjamin seemed invested in my main character (Flip), wanted good things for him, and felt good about the way things worked out for him. There were no systemic stylistic concerns, no scenes that either needed to be added or deleted. With one exception: Benjamin was relieved to know I intend to write a short epilogue to let the readers know things really do work out (in a way) for Flip. 

Benjamin Chandler is a prince. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brief Publishing Update

 It’s been a month since last I wrote. I’m trying to recommit to blogging. Today I’m attempting this on my phone, which is likely a poor dec...