Monday, November 21, 2011

Roller Coaster UP. Roller Coaster down.


I am strapped in tight and the agent-search-coaster-car has left the platform. There is nothing to do now but hold on and enjoy the ride whenever possible; because, I have to endure the ride one way or the other. At this moment, it is a durational event.  

Last Friday, late in the day, I received two nice notes from two agents. One agent responded positively to my query and wanted to see the first three chapters. Translation: my query is adequate. The second agent had initially wanted a query and the first three chapters. Having read those fifty-five pages or so, she wanted to see the whole manuscript. Translation: my first three chapters are not atrocious. Now, I just have to be calm and hope someone will pull the trigger on representing my book. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Brief Publishing Update

 It’s been a month since last I wrote. I’m trying to recommit to blogging. Today I’m attempting this on my phone, which is likely a poor dec...