Thursday, July 14, 2011

Melodoldrumatic


July arrived fast and still I haven't heard back from my last reader regarding my novel. It has only been a few months, but the wait is emotionally painful. Was that too melodramatic?


Here's the good news: I recorded an interview with Helen Douglas and it went well. The recording was a success. Helen was informative, thoughtful and delightful. I was adequate. In August the podcast will appear on Bookbinding Now.



In other news, The Sticky Institute, which is an arts organization that encourages the creation and distribution of zines (particularly Australian zines) sent me a package which arrived today. Inside was a note that indicated they had sold eight pieces of mine through their shop, and giant fist full of fresh Ausie zine art. It helps restore my faith in humanity. This is an image of my fold book Irresistible, which I made back in the day and seemed to sell well in Australia. Apparently ridicule of American foreign policy decisions, particularly under the G.W. Bush era, is an activity that can really bring people from all over the world together.


On another positive note, my dealers Vamp and Tramp Booksellers placed another of my books earlier this week. Excelsior!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brief Publishing Update

 It’s been a month since last I wrote. I’m trying to recommit to blogging. Today I’m attempting this on my phone, which is likely a poor dec...