Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Good News Pending

Today I met with the editor of JAB (the Journal of Artist Books) at his home in Chicago. We had a fruitful discusion about the potential for me to develope an onging relationship with JAB as a regular contributer. That is very good news. 

I think this mission statement says it all: JAB is a publication that engage with the field of artists books through critical discourse and creative exploration of the intersections of book arts, artists books, poetry, photography, experimental literature, printmaking, graphic design and other book-related creative endeavors. For me, it is the best journal seriously analyzing these issues. 

I was fortunate to be asked by guest editor April Sheridan to contribute to the current issue with an article titled Shifting Artist Book Distribution Models. The article is more exciting than the title might indicate. 
spread image from the Little Book of Boekie Woekie


If you have never seen JAB or held a copy in your hands, it is worth the subscription cost. Included in this issue is a small book related to my interview with Jan Voss of Boekie Woekie in Amsterdam.


I believe it was my work in this last issue that led Brad Freeman to consider my further involvement. So, keep your eyes out for my next article. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Brief Publishing Update

 It’s been a month since last I wrote. I’m trying to recommit to blogging. Today I’m attempting this on my phone, which is likely a poor dec...